Global E-Prescribing Market To Reach $887M by 2019, Report Says
June 24, 2014 in News
According to the researchers, the e-prescribing market is expected to have a 23.5% compound annual growth rate over the next five years in part because of:
- Government incentive programs; and
- Growing adoption of electronic health record systems with e-prescribing capabilities.
According to the report, North America has the fastest growing e-prescribing market in the world, while Europe has the largest market (Hall, FierceHealthIT, 6/20). Asia’s e-prescribing market also is growing because of the region’s medical infrastructure development and various government programs, according to the report.
However, the report identified several challenges facing the e-prescribing market, including:
- High Costs;
- Lack of IT professionals in rural areas;
- Limited high-speed broadband availability; and
- Privacy and security concerns (Walsh, Clinical Innovation Technology, 6/22).