Mayo Clinic Named Most Social Media-Friendly Hospital in U.S.
October 2, 2014 in News
Mayo Clinic is the most social media-friendly hospital in the U.S., according to NurseJournal, Becker’s Hospital Review‘s “Health IT CIO Review” reports (Gregg, “Health IT CIO Review,” Becker’s Hospital Review, 9/30).
NurseJournal examined social media statistics for more than 800 hospitals this year. The review focused on hospitals’ Facebook and Twitter accounts (Kirn, St. Louis Business Journal, 10/1).
Researchers assigned scores based on hospitals’:
- Check-ins, fans and “likes” on Facebook; and
- Tweets and followers on Twitter.
The reviewers also examined:
- The number of users talking about the facility on Facebook;
- The users the facility was following on each platform; and
- The number of times the facility was mentioned on Twitter.
Mayo Clinic for the second year in a row was named as the most social-media friendly hospital in the U.S. The facility had:
- 538,061 Facebook likes/fans;
- 26,871 Facebook check-ins;
- 26,545 Facebook mentions;
- 17,708 Tweets;
- 858,932 Twitter followers;
- 1,783 Twitter users it was following; and
- 9,086 Twitter mentions (NurseJournal release, October 2014).
The other top 10 social media-friendly hospitals, in order, are:
- Cleveland Clinic;
- Baylor Regional Medical Center in Texas;
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston;
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center;
- Rush University Medical Center in Chicago;
- Houston Methodist Hospital;
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City;
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers; and
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago (“Health IT CIO Review,” Becker’s Hospital Review, 9/30).