HIEs Launch National Trade Association To Facilitate Joint Ventures
December 16, 2014 in News
According to Modern Healthcare, the initiative is one of several HIE consortiums formed as part of a larger effort to link regional HIEs into the Nationwide Health Information Network (Rubenfire, Modern Healthcare, 12/15).
The organization currently has a board of directors, chaired by Quality Health Network Executive Director Dick Thompson. SHIEC is developing its website and seeking an executive director. According to Health Data Management, SHIEC plans to announce its executive director and website launch in January 2015.
SHIEC board members represent:
- Arizona Health-e Connection;
- Nebraska Health Information Initiative;
- New York University Langone Medical Center;
- Quality Health Network; and
- Utah Health Information Network (Goedert, Health Data Management, 12/16).
According to Modern Healthcare, the group aims to:
- Facilitate best practices among members;
- Work with legislators; and
- Promote public education about the networks.
The members hope that collaboration through the new trade organization will:
- Bolster business model innovation;
- Capitalize on economies of scale; and
- Create joint venture opportunities (Modern Healthcare, 12/15).