KLAS Names Epic Top Physician Practice, Software Suite Vendor
January 31, 2015 in News
The 2014 “Best in KLAS” report ranked health IT vendors and their respective software based on user-submitted scores.
The report ranked Epic in the top spot for two of the three overall categories:
- Overall physician practice vendor; and
- Overall software suite.
Impact Advisors won the top spot in the third category, best overall IT services firm.
Epic also won awards for its:
- Acute care electronic health record system;
- Ambulatory EHR systems;
- Health information exchange;
- Patient portal; and
- Surgery management software.
The 2014 KLAS report also included several new categories, such as:
- CDI services, which was won by Navigant;
- Population health, which was won by Phytel’s population health management suite; and
- Urgent care, which was won by Practice Velocity’s VelociDoc Tablet Urgent Care.
In a separate KLAS report, titled, “Global Best in KLAS,” the organization ranked the best vendor and product performance outside the U.S.
The report was categorized by:
- Acute EHR systems, which was won by Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager;
- Patient administration systems, which was won by Cerner Millennium Patient Administration System; and
- Picture archiving and communication systems, which was won by Sectra PACS (Monegain, Healthcare IT News, 1/29).