ONC Announces Winning Partnerships in Market R&D Pilot Challenge
May 12, 2015 in News
Details of Challenge
ONC’s Market RD Pilot Challenge aims to connect startups and health care organizations, allowing the startups to test their technologies in real-world settings (Slabodkin, Health Data Management, 5/12).
In total, ONC received applications from 78 host-innovator teams (Wong, “Health IT Buzz,” 5/11).
In August, the winning organizations will begin testing health IT applications in settings administered by their hosts.
The winning partnerships are:
- ClinicalBox and Lowell General Hospital in Massachusetts, which will test ClinicalBox’s CoordinationBox to track patients through the delivery pipeline;
- CreateIT Healthcare Solutions and MHP Salud in Texas, which will test CreateIT’s MyCare Communicator, a patient engagement platform;
- Gecko Health Innovations and Boston Children’s Hospital, which will test Gecko’s CareTRX, which uses medication sensors, mobile apps and cloud computing for respiratory disease management;
- Optima Integrated Health and the University of California-San Francisco, which will test Optima-for-Blood Pressure, a cloud-based artificial intelligence platform that assesses the real-time status of patients with high blood pressure and offers personalized medication treatment changes;
- PhysIQ and the Henry Ford Health System in Michigan, which will test a physIQ analytics platform that transforms sensor-generated biodata into insight that is clinically meaningful and physiologically personalized; and
- Vital Care Telehealth Services and Dominican Sisters Family Health Service, which will test Vital’s Senior Total Population Assisted Telehealth Services program at the Shinnecock Indian Health Services clinic in New York to connect seniors at the community level to chronic disease management programs and preventive care (Health Data Management, 5/12).