EHR vendors eye solo docs for Apple Watch apps

May 20, 2015 in Medical Technology

The small physician practice isn’t what it used to be. Today, solo docs and small practices are most likely a bit more technologically savvy and open to mHealth. And because of it, an increasing number of small EHR vendors are targeting them with new cloud-based platforms, chief among them Apple Watch apps.

As many of these docs do their own IT work, the independent medical practice market is ripe for these cloud-based platforms that assist with clinical and practice management functions. And, as these smaller EHR vendors are seeing, there’s definitely some strong interest with many of them. Among them is Kareo, which this week unveiled its own Apple Watch app.

[See also:Lots of docs will be skipping Stage 2 meaningful use.]

As Tom Giannulli, MD, an Epocrates veteran who’s now the chief medical information officer for Kareo, sees it, independent physicians are “practicing heads-up medicine, looking for the latest (in technology) that can make give them an edge,” he said at HIMSS15 in Chicago last month. “Their thought is, ‘If it’s going to help me make decisions, I want to order it.’”

That makes an Apple Watch app a logical next step.

This story was originally published by Healthcare IT News’ sister publication mHealth News. Read the rest of the story here

[See also: Patient engagement: Are docs doing it all wrong?.]

Be the first to like.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)

Article source: http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/ehr-vendors-eye-solo-docs-apple-watch-apps

Be Sociable, Share!
Bookmark and Share

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>